About VBA Fitness
Hey! My name is Zack Mathews, founder and owner of VBA Fitness.
5 things you need to know about me:
- I've been a personal trainer for six years and have 4 fitness and nutrition certifications.
- I love cats. The animal, not the musical.
- I love Queen. The band, not her majesty (although I don't have anything against her).
- I like burgers and will happily debate you if you don't think In n Out has the best burger.
- And most importantly...I love fitness, nutrition, and helping people.
I was always the skinny kid. Self conscious, shy, and would rather be behind my computer screen playing video games.
I knew something needed to change.
Making transforming my body a priority was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. It brought new muscle, strength, more confidence, better relationships, and an all around better life.
And another thing it brought me...
The opportunity to help you.
Who I Help
Your success is what drives me to become the best trainer I can be.
I want to help you gain muscle, get stronger, and be more confident in your body.
Like Jesus here. Watching him get stronger and more confident fuels my fire. His first day he was hesitant and struggled to lift 75 pounds. 3 months later, my man was pulling 195 pounds CONFIDENTLY!
You deserve the body that you want and I'm here to help.
DJ got that and I am so grateful for being able help. She is awesome, strong, and loves cats too.
Personal training goes beyond just fitness and nutrition.
I consider all my clients friends.
Seriously, I've spent a whole session talking to a client through a bad breakup that happened the night before our session.
Why? Because that's what friends do.
Don't worry about her though, she's a straight badass. Now she's even better than before and in the best shape of her life!
Personal Training Awards
Over the years, I've worked with such awesome clients that I've been recognized for a few awards.
They are great to have but I would not have been able to get them without the hard work put in by my clients!
My past accomplishments include:
- Thumbtack Top Pro 2018 - 2021
- Bark Certificate Of Excellence 2019
- #1 ranked personal trainer on Yelp in San Diego (2017) & Virginia Beach (2019)
- Coastal Virginia Magazine Top Personal Trainer 2022 - Silver
Blogging & Online Coaching
In order to serve more people outside my city limits, I've expanded my business to help clients remotely all over the world and provide free blog posts on helpful content.
My blog will have helpful insight into a few key areas including:
Learning the truth about what it takes to lose weight can be frustrating with all of the bad information readily available these days.
It's my goal to help take the guesswork out of what you should be doing and make it simple and easy to understand.
Skinny Fat & Ectomorphs
Since I had to weed through tons of poor articles on weight gain when I was trying to transform my physique, I have made it a point to write multiple articles on how to overcome your skinny genetics and skinny fat body types.
I want you to have the best form possible during your lifting sessions and have the education to know how to do different variations of movements.
I've written multiple articles about proper form, alternatives to different exercises, and full workout plans based on available equipment.
I'm super excited to have you here and to help anywhere I can.
Make sure to take your body quiz below for helpful tips to start your transformation and follow along on social media.
- Instagram - You'll see my clients in real time and also get the occasional cat post. Sorry, not sorry!
- TikTok- Don't worry, I won't be doing any dancing. Strictly helpful fitness content!
- Facebook - For those of you that don't have Instagram or TikTok.
- YouTube - Deeper breakdown on specific subjects and full exercise tutorials.
- LinkedIn & Twitter - I'm not as active on these as I used to be, but that may change in the future!